As I've done a road trip from North Vietnam to South Vietnam back in 2016, I get asked a lot of times about which city that I liked the best when I traveled to Vietnam. Without hesitation, I would answer their question with one thing: Hue.
Not so many Indonesian people I know have a special interest in Vietnam as I do, so it was only normal when they would question what Hue is in the first place. I don't know though, but with the news about VietJet Air and its bikini flight attendants opening a route to Indonesia, maybe it will start opening Indonesian people's eyes about the land of Uncle Ho? We'll see. 😉
Okay, back to Hue. In this post, I would like to write a review on one of the best guesthouses that I have ever stayed, Sunny Fine Guesthouse.
Although Toan, the host a.k.a the guest house owner actually asked me to write a review in Indonesian in order to attract more Indonesian tourists to Hue, but I think it won't hurt to also write it in English so that I can spread the good news about his guest house to wider range in terms of demography.
The reason why I chose to book Sunny Fine Guesthouse through booking.com was because of the affordable rate that was aligned with my budget. In addition, the rate given by the guests was incredible with a lot of outstanding reviews on the website.
I came to Hue with a bus from Hanoi to the last stop at a restaurant somewhere around Huong River. I went to Hue without a proper map with my iPhone map being useless throughout my travel. After I had my lunch at the restaurant, I asked the waitress for the direction to Sunny Fine Guesthouse's address. Surprisingly, the location was so close from the restaurant with only around 500 meters walking distance.
I took the bus from Sa Pa to Hanoi for a 4-hour transit and then continue to Hue with Queen Cafe VIP.
Sunny Fine Guesthouse wasn't a big guest house, but you could totally recognize it from the board shown around the street. By the time I entered the guest house, a man greeted me with a smile and asked, “Marya, right?”
That was how I met Toan.
I got the room on the 3rd floor, and despite the stuff I brought with me, Toan helped me to take my bag to my room and show me around. By the time I got into the room, I knew that my decision to stay at Sunny Fine Guesthouse was the best thing I could do!
With the rate of VND 250,000 (around USD 11) per night, I got everything at once in the guest house.
- The room is spacious with a comfortable bathroom attached. Amenities provided as well.
- It's an air-conditioned room, although it was winter when I came there.
- Toan and his family are really friendly as they assisted me with a lot of things. From the standard service as a business owner to their guest, to even help me to decide my itinerary spontaneously. Plus, Toan can speak English very well, that's a bonus!
- They provide an all package tour, from DMZ tour, tour de Hue, to even bus ticket to several cities in Vietnam. All with affordable price!
- Laundry is available for VND 25,000/kg. The same price applies for a pair of shoes.
- The guesthouse is so homey with friendly vibes in its surrounding. They even have a coffee table where you could put your local money and testimonial. I did that with my left 1 SAR bill.
- Bicycle rent is available, for free! 🙂
- Barely, but maybe no elevator as they have at least 4 floors in the building. But then again, it's a guest house!
If you are planning to go to Hue and seeking for a place to stay with a strategic location and affordable price, Sunny Fine Guesthouse is your answer. You could contact Toan at Sunny Fine Guesthouse with the contact details as below:
Sunny Fine Guesthouse
7/3 Chu Van An, Hue City Vietnam
Ph: +84 54 384 6658
Mobile: +84 914 066 029
Still considering Hue as your next travel option? What are you waiting for, do it! 😀