Hi everyone! 😀
If you follow me on Instagram, perhaps you’re already familiar with Beautycounter as I’ve mentioned about it several times. So yessss, it’s about time to introduce you to this brand and the products through a complete review! 😉
I received the sample products from Crystal last month, but as I was also in the process to try on some new products from a local skincare, it took time for me to finally try out the Rejuvenating set skincare from Beautycounter that she sent me. As it turned out, the skincare that I tried out didn’t work so well on my skin and I had some breakout a few weeks ago from using it.
So after that, I decided to get back to the previous skincare set that I normally used just to neutralize the breakout before trying on the set from Beautycounter. Thank God it actually worked! 😀
And the reason why I finally tried the rejuvenating set recently was that as you probably know, I was traveling to Singapore last week. The sample size is so travel-friendly, so I figured that’d be easier to try on while traveling and so I did!
My introduction started to The Never List started when I got connected to Crystal through some group on Facebook. She has been the consultant and advocate for Beautycounter for some time now, and she encouraged me to try some product samples that suit my skin best.
Being from Indonesia myself, it was honestly my first time to hear about Beautycounter when I first spoke to Crystal. When I googled the brand, I found out that it is an American beauty brand who claims to have a commitment with safe formula as they begin by consulting The Never List, which is composed of over 1,500 ingredients they choose never to formulate with.
The reason behind the ban of some ingredients in the products is due to its mission to put safer products in the hands of everyone. And what surprises me the most is the fact that the U.S. government restricts only 30 ingredients for skincare and cosmetics, while at the same time Canada restricts more than 600 and the EU more than 1,400 ingredients.
The Beautycounter Products that I’ve Tried
So, after some consultation with Crystal, I agree to try the product samples of their Countertime Rejuvenating Collection. The reason being was because I started to find my under eyes disturbing. Like, I know it was my fault to sleep late etc, but regretting it now doesn’t make it better. *lol*
And for exactly the same reason, Crystal suggested trying Beautycounter anti-aging skincare. As I also informed her that I have oily skin, she also sent me a sample of their No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask with Charcoal as it gives the best result for oily skin according to her. 🙂
As a result, she sent me the samples a long way from the United States to Indonesia for me to try on. For Countertime Rejuvenating Collection, I got the set with Facial Cleanser, Serum, Day Cream, Night Cream, and Eye Cream. In addition, I also got a jar of the No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask that I could try on.
So, what’s my take on these Beautycounter now that I’ve tried them?! 😉
Now that I’ve tried all the sample products, with the tube of 4 ml for each product on the set, I’ve finished them in a week. As for the sample jar of facial mask, it was enough to use it twice.
When I tried these products for the first time, my skin wasn’t in the best condition as I just got a breakout from the new skincare that I tried on. Plus, it was during PMS so I got zits in some part of my face.
Countertime Rejuvenating Collection
I love the packaging of the sample products because it was super travel-friendly. Not to mention that my last trip to Singapore was the first time I traveled without purchasing extra checked-in baggage. Hence, the travel-friendly size for skincare is a must. 😉
I’ve checked on Beautycounter’s website, and I see that they also sell the regular size of this rejuvenating set for $320. The only thing I missed out was the toner pad as I didn’t have it with me to try on the package.
I suppose you pretty much could tell how the set works, this is the regimen for rejuvenating skin and fighting signs of aging as they claim to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, firm, nourish skin, and provide antioxidant protection.
I’m currently 29, and despite some people told me that I look younger, I got insecure with some line that starts making an appearance on my face. Bonus point because it’s quite hard to hide the hideous part of my under eyes.
- If there’s anything I learned about facial care from seeing a dermatologist in the past, it is the difference of products that use the high level of detergents and those that don’t. It could be seen through the foam made out of the facial cleanser. Based on my experience, the facial cleanser barely (if any) has detergent in their ingredients.
- They have some particular aroma that is not as annoying as the regular products with fragrance.
- They’re so easy to apply. All creams’ texture is rather liquidy and they’re easily absorbed when applied.
- Since I only tried the sample products for a week, I believe it wouldn’t be fair for me to talk about the result as there was no significant difference from before I tried it.
- Not sure if it has SPF on the day cream, but since I used it in Singapore when it was really sunny and hot, I got my skin burned without using the separate sunscreen.
No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask
As I mentioned that I’ve got oily skin during my consultation with Crystal, she told me that the balancing No. 3 set is great for this type of skin, as well as their charcoal bar. So in addition to the rejuvenating regimen, she also sent me the No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask that comes in a small jar that was enough for me to use twice.
At first, I really thought this balancing facial mask is the peel-off mask that would kind of hurt when removed. I mean, the charcoal ingredients made me assume that since most of the charcoal masks I tried, it was the peel-off kind. I’m glad that it wasn’t because I always got such a hard time when using the peel-off mask because of who I am as a person. 😛
This is the kind of mask that is super easy to apply. They claim that this nutrient-rich kaolin clay mask deep-cleans and balances excess oil. And it says that activated charcoal in the ingredient also minimizes the appearance of pores while at the same time also gives the skin a smooth, refined appearance and stimulates exfoliation.
The regular size costs $49 for the packaging of 60 ml. According to Crystal, this could last 3-4 months if you use it regularly every week.
- If I was a bit confused to rate the previous products on the rejuvenating regimen, for this No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask, I find it easy to rate… If anything, it must be 8 out of 10. I really love the products!
- The mask is so easy to apply, I only apply it with my finger and voila!
- I just love everything about the mask… The smell, the sensation when applied on my face. It has this kind of minty smell that feels cool on my face. Sure it defines my big pores when it dries, but my face feels super clean when I wash it.
- Smooth skin, it is!!!
- I personally find it quite pricey for $49 for the tube of 60 ml. But I’m not sure the average price of face masks in the US either, so I might be biased.
- While it’s quite easy to apply, it’s not that easy to remove the mask when you wash it. You need to wash it a couple of times to make sure that all the mask is gone when you finish.
Find Out More About Beautycounter
While the products are not marketed in Indonesia, I would definitely repurchase the No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask if only they had it
cheaper here. However, as some of my readers are currently based in the USA, then if you’re one of them, I’d totally recommend you to try Beautycounter, especially if you’re ready to change into a safer lifestyle.
To find out more about Beautycounter, you can check Beautycounter’s website here.
Otherwise, you can also contact Crystal directly through her Facebook group on A Journey with Beautycounter. I’m pretty sure she’ll be more happy to assist you, pretty much like she helped me out to choose the best products for me to try on.
So, that’s a wrap for today. Stay safe, and cheerio! 😉